UNSW Global has introduced the new REACH Assessments in 2019, and North Shore Coaching College is proud to offer REACH Assessments to all students, provided their schools are not currently offering the REACH Assessments that they intend on entering.
Similar to ICAS, REACH Assessments will be available in Digital Technologies, English, Mathematics, Science, Spelling and Writing. REACH Assessments will be tailored to current international curricula and use a broad range of methods to provide an objective, external benchmark of student progress. It will be suitable for all students, targeting a wide range of ability. Even the most able students will find some items challenging.
Results will be delivered via an online reporting system and tracking student progression will be available to students and parents. All students will receive a downloadable Certificate of Achievement. For more information, please visit unsw.global/reach
We have put together a FAQ to guide you through the changes in 2019.
What is REACH?
• UNSW Global has introduced a comprehensive set of assessments called REACH, for primary and secondary students designed for benchmarking and measuring full cohort progress year-on-year.
• REACH Assessments are based on the curricula for the relevant year and the subjects offered in 2019 include Digital Technologies, Mathematics, English, Science, Spelling and Writing.
How is REACH Assessments delivered?
• Available online and in paper format.
My child’s school doesn’t offer REACH Assessments; can my child sit for the REACH Assessments at North Shore?
• Yes. North Shore is an official UNSW Assessments Testing Centre and will be conducting the REACH Assessments in 2019 in paper format. REACH will be offered in our North Shore Bella Vista centre. Please refer to the enrolment form >> Click here to access the REACH ENROLMENT FORM
• In addition, the top 10% of students who sit for the REACH Assessments in each state at North Shore Coaching College, will be eligible to sit the ICAS Assessments free of charge at North Shore Coaching College’s Chatswood centre ONLY.
What’s happening to ICAS in 2019?
• UNSW Global has made a decision to move the ICAS Assessments online, with no paper format option.
My child’s school doesn’t offer ICAS Assessments; can my child sit for the ICAS Assessments at North Shore?
• As ICAS has moved to an online only format, we are unable to facilitate students sitting for the ICAS Assessments at the North Shore Bella Vista centre.
• We are only able to offer the ICAS Assessments to the top 10% of students who sit for the REACH Assessments at North Shore Coaching College, the ability to sit the ICAS Assessments, free of charge at the North Shore Chatswood centre ONLY.
Can I purchase past papers for my child to prepare for the REACH Assessment?
• Yes. You can purchase our past papers online at www.enrichmentcorner.com.au, or via telephone on 02 9415 1860.
ICAS Assessments in 2019 is moving online and going forward, North Shore Coaching College may offer ICAS Assessments in our Chatswood campus only.
PAST PAPERS AVAILABLE AT www.enrichmentcorner.com.au.